Offline Devices Troubleshooting Guide:
If the data you see on the console is inaccurate:
- Make sure the NOWi monitor is as close to the base of the register and the meter as possible. Clear out any dirt that gets in the way.
- Make sure the configuration on the console is accurate.
- Make sure the sensor is wired correctly or strapped tightly to your water meter.
- Try adjusting where the sensor is on the water meter.
- Try resetting the device by taking the cover off and pressing the reset button or powering it off then on with the header pin.
- In some cases faulty electrical wiring in the house can effect readings. If you believe this is the case please contact us.
There is a very high usage of water over an extended time period, can indicate a burst pipe.
|No Signal Lock||
The device is not locking onto a water meter signal. Either the device is not on the water meter, or not installed correctly.
The device is not associated with a water meter in NOWi's console.
The device is not configured to the water meter it is on. It will not accurately record usage until it is configured. Go onto NOWi's console to configure the model/size of the water meter the device is on.
Device is seeing electrical noise, usually caused by bad wiring of the building. This results in decreased battery life.
Device has low battery, please contact NOWi for replacements.
Device is seeing freezing temperatures which could cause frozen water pipes.